Many large U.S. corporations wouldn’t be where they are today without the help of outsourcing companies in many countries throughout the world. Now, more than ever, companies are realizing the advantages of delegating parts of their operations to competent and dedicated offshore partners.
Companies that have chosen to utilize Business Process Outsourcing (BPO) are benefiting not only from outsourcing as a cost-effective solution but also to utilize top talent across the globe. Gone are the days of limited practices such as call centers, customer service and manufacturing roles; many BPO firms handle skilled roles such as engineering, information technology, telehealthcare, and human resources.
According to Outsource Accelerator, here are some of the largest U.S. companies that rely on outsourcing to run their daily business:
- Google – outsources various roles ranging from IT service providers, app and software development teams, to analytical consultants.
- Facebook – outsources customer support providers, IT technicians, and content moderators.
- UnitedHealth Group – outsources their full global solutions team that includes consulting, customer service, project management, health care operations, engineering, and analytics.
- Wells Fargo – outsources departments such as fraud detection, customer service, payroll analytics, process engineering, and more.
- Nike – outsources the manufacturing of footwear, apparel and equipment
- Hewlett-Packard – outsourcing all customer support and IT services for both Hewlett-Packard and HP brands.
- IBM – utilizing outsourcing for their main office, which includes staff for IT functions including network management for both internal and staff infrastructures.
- American Express – outsources many back-office operations such as customer support, IT support an collections services.
- The Coca-Cola Company – outsourcing manufacturing, sales, and distribution centers.
- Linked-In – outsources back-office support such as customer service.
The most common services outsourced to BPO firms are customer support, marketing, IT and human resources. By utilizing offshore firms to handle these processes, employees are free from repetitive tasks that take time away from higher valued activities.
At Process-Smart we can help you achieve operational efficiency by providing a cost-effective business solution. We would love to offer a free pilot to help you recognize the benefits of partnering with Process-Smart; please give us a call or send an email to further discuss.